In a single day, many new malware strains being created a day, So there is a big challenge for us to protect our system as well as data from malware. In the early days, the only way to spread out the malware is a floppy disk, but after the internet, especially with high speed, malware spread within a second all around the World. So what features must be in the best free antivirus for Windows 10.
List Of Features must be in the best free antivirus for Windows 10.
The first and important thing like a capability to detect and neutralize malware must be present on free antivirus. It must be simple to use. But what technical features it must have?
- Real-time Protection – It is one of the main features, the real-time scanner is going to be on the lookout for newly introduced malware because it tries to require a hold of your system. Whenever a malware or virus enters your system it detects automatically and blocks it. That’s why you will keep your data very safe.
- Scheduled Scans – sometimes we forgot or busy in our life. Set schedule scan within a week, it will clear automatically virus from their system.
Most antivirus programs offer you the choice of fixing a schedule for your scans. It’s worth checking which scans are often scheduled though as some only give the choice of designing full scanning routines instead of quick or user-configured ones.
- Automatic Virus Updates – this is often an important thing because software companies release daily updates for virus engine so your free antivirus detects the latest malware or antivirus.
If your antivirus program isn’t updated regularly it’ll be nowhere near as effective because it should be. Considering how forgetful many folks are, automatic updates are essential in my opinion.
- Automatic Program Updates – Automatically updates very essential now, because every update solves the bugs or vulnerability and release new features.
Likewise, the power of the program to update itself is additionally extremely useful. While the bulk of protection comes within the sort of virus updates, sometimes the program itself is going to be upgraded to offer it more functionality or the power to detect new threats. Good antivirus programs will have the power to see for updates automatically.
- On-access Scanner – This scanner is fairly self-explanatory – it performs a fast scan of any program or file because it is opened.
- On-demand Scanner – An on-demand scanner does just what it implies – it gives you the power to scan a file or folder whenever you select to.
- Heuristic Scanner – Increasingly important because the volume of the latest malware increases, heuristic scanners can detect threats supported what’s known about existing malware and its behavior instead of counting on specific signatures.
Other Recommended Feature in the best free antivirus for Windows 10
- Compressed File or zip File Scanner– Mostly virus packed in compress files like ZIP, RAR. Mostly free antivirus doesn’t feature to scan these compress files but Avast, Avira free antivirus offers a free scanner for compressed files.
- Instant Messaging Protection – one of the main important ways to spread out the malware is Messaging. So a free antivirus must-have a feature to detect the message’ malicious link.
- Script Blocking – Script languages are often wont to execute malicious code directly from internet sites. Good AV programs will accompany the power to watch Java, ActiveX, Visual Basic and other sorts of script files and detect and block malicious activity.
- POP3 Email Scanning – this provides antivirus software the power to watch incoming and/or outgoing POP3 email traffic alongside any associated file attachments to detect viruses and other malware threats.
- Webmail Protection – important protection for anyone who uses web-based email like MSN, Outlook or Yahoo! Mail, it acts in much an equivalent was as POP3 email scanning.
- Free VPN– VPN help us to stay safe on the internet with their server. Actually VPN connects us to their server and stays us anonymously on the web. With VPN we can save our data on the web because it encrypts our data.
- Anti Ransomware Afer the attack of WannaCry, I heard about ransomware first time. It is one of the major attacks on History. Ransomware is one of the dangerous viruses on the web because it locked out data. To unlock it, we have to pay to the hackers.
- Browser Protection It is one of the major concern because mostly virus comes from the browser. So we have to stay safe on the browser. Mostly Free Antivirus for windows 10 comes with a browser extension, that automatically blocks online malware on the browser.
- Automatic Sample Submission Sometimes we use old software or some software detected as a virus by the Antivirus program. So a Best free antivirus for Windows 10 must have this feature because we submit the file to the LAb so we can know about it.
Frequently Asked Question on best free antivirus for Windows 10
1. What to do if my antivirus program finds a virus?
If you have a virus on your system, do scan by the Antivirus. After completion of the Scan, Delete the Virus.
Sometimes Virus not Deleted by the Antivirus Then you have to Restart your Windows 10 in Safe Mode. Then Scan and delete Virus from PC. If Antivirus does not open then use Microsoft Security Antivirus.
2. Will antivirus software slow down your computer?
yes, mostly because Antivirus working on background to watch our activity of the file and software. If any malicious activities found, then antivirus automatically blocks it and warns us.
3. Which is the best antivirus software for Windows 10?
I suggest you use Windows‘ own antivirus or You can use AVAST. Avast is one of the most popular and used by more than 200 million people in the world.
4.I’ve downloaded a new antivirus program, do I need to uninstall the old one before running it?
Yes, you have to uninstall the old one Because more than 1 antivirus can delete your files. Read more here
5. Is there free virus protection?
- Microsoft Security
- Avast- Buy from the above
6. Does a free antivirus program offer adequate protection?
For home users, free antivirus is enough. Download a free firewall, Malwarebyte, and an Antivirus.
7. is it safe to use a computer or other device without having antivirus or other security program installed?
If you are using the Internet then you must have an antivirus. I know many people that Reinstall the Windows if any problem created by the virus. This is not the permanent solution, Use an Antivirus and save your data.
8. Is Avast free really free?
Avast also offers free as well as Paid service for the users. Free Avast free antivirus is not enough to secure your system. Buy premium software to stay safe online.